Alkaline Water Benefits / Uses
There are several Alkaline Water Benefits – besides the many Health Benefits of drinking it, Alkaline Ionized Water is also extremely beneficial for cooking, cleaning food as well as watering your plants and feeding your pets.
(See also: How to make Alkaline Water?)
I. Drinking Alkaline Water - Health Benefits
Alkaline Ionized Water is able to help in the regulation of many physical conditions, including:
- Maintaining a healthy pH Balance by neutralizing acid wastes within the body
- Neutralizing Free Radicals: The Antioxidants in alkaline water is able to combat cell-damaging free radicals within the body – in other words retarding the aging process.
- High or Low Blood Pressure: When drinking alkaline water regularly one hour before eating, it can help to regulate and maintain a healthy blood pressure.
- Constipation: Alkaline Water supports the hydration of your bowels, thus helping with constipation. Again, drink it before consuming your meals.
- Diabetes: Diabetics can improve their blood sugar levels significantly by drinking at least 1 liter of Alkaline Water every day on an empty stomach.
- Gastrointestinal Discomfort: Drinking alkaline water on an empty stomach can also help to ease gastrointestinal pain.
- Diarrhea: As alkaline water has three times the concentration of water molecules than normal water, it is a valuable resource for hydration when suffering from diarrhea.
- …many more.
II. Drinking Alkaline Water – Taste Benefits
Using Alkaline Water when preparing your favorite drinks will have many added extras.
For your coffee, you'll need less coffee grounds but still having the same strength and flavor; and your tea will have an enriched aroma.
Moreover, your occasional alcoholic drink will contain less unhealthy acids and will therefore reduce the negative physical reactions linked to drinking alcohol.
III. Cooking with Alkaline Water
Cooking with alkaline water will boost the real natural taste in food. I bet you will use less seasoning and salt when cooking with alkaline water.
- When Cooking Vegetables: When cooking your vegetables with Alkaline Water, the healthy chlorophyll won’t be destroyed (as it is when using acidic tap water). You'll notice that your vegetables will remain much greener. Moreover, alkaline Ionized Water also neutralizes the acidic components in the vegetables.
- When Cooking Fish: The meat of the fish will be more tender and juicy. Alkaline water also eliminates the odor from fish.
- When Cooking Fresh Meat: Before cooking, soak your meat in alkaline water for around 20 to 30 minutes - you will experience a whole new level of taste with less odor and more savor.
- When Cooking Rice: First, wash the grains gently in weak alkaline water (pH around 8.5) and then soak them in strong alkaline water (pH of 10) for around 20-30 minutes. After soaking, steam the rice in the same strong alkaline water you just used. You will love the new taste of your rice, try it!
- When Cooking Bamboo, Tree Sprouts, etc.: Cooking bamboo sprouts, tree sprouts, taro, and seaweed with alkaline water removes the pungent and acrid tastes of those vegetables, while enriching their natural flavors and aroma.
IV. Other Alkaline Water Benefits / Alkaline Water Uses
- Cleaning Vegetables & Fruits: When cleaning as well as storing fruits and vegetables in alkaline water, their freshness and tenderness will last much longer.
- Animals & Pets: Also supply your beloved pets with healthy alkaline drinking water. Added extra: Less odor in feces.
- Plants & Flowers: When watering your plants and flowers with Alkaline Water they will need less water, they won't need any more pesticides and the life of cut flowers will be significantly extended.